The lawyers of Ricardo Martinelli will criminally sue the magistrates of the Electoral Tribunal who challenged the former president.
After issuing the ruling that took out of the electoral contest the former president Ricardo Martinelli his team of lawyers is considering the possibility of criminally denouncing the judges of the Electoral Tribune Eduardo Valdés Escoffery and Alfredo Juncá.
Both lawyers accepted the challenges against the candidacies of Ricardo Martinelli mayor of the capital district and deputy of the National Assembly for the circuit 8-8.
The information was corroborated by the lawyer Alma Cortés who commented that the legal move could be made after the general elections next Sunday, May 5.
"We will present these complaints after the May 5 elections, because we also do not want people to think that we want to affect the elections, trying to win sympathy by pursuing two magistrates. But, the truth is that it comes, "Cortés confirmed.
Previously there was talk of an unconstitutionality claim against the same ruling in which the fifth electoral judge, María Rengifo, had considered all the documentation valid and dismissed the objections against the exmandatario as unfounded.
Alma Cortés explained that they are considering filing lawsuits against the ruling issued by two of the three magistrates of the Electoral Tribunal, which could be criminal and civil.
The decision of the magistrates of the Electoral Tribunal does not support an appeal of unconstitutionality," said lawyer Ernesto Cedeño.
Another of Ricardo Martinelli's lawyers on the subject of candidacies, Alejandro Perez, said that it was known that there was a lot of hairy hands pushing in this case, and that the worst could happen, which was that he could not run the charges against the who aspired.