Kenya's president on Wednesday said that at least 14 people were killed and several were injured in an attack at an upscale hotel and office complex in the capital Nairobi.
In a televised speech, Uhuru Kenyatta added that all attackers involved in Tuesday's assault on the 14 Riverside Drive complex, which includes the DusitD2 Hotel, had been "eliminated."
"We can confirm that 14 innocent lives were lost at the hands of these murderous terrorists, with others injured," Kenyatta said.
The president said the security operation at the Dusit complex was over, adding that more than 700 civilians were rescued by security forces.
"My heart is with every innocent man and woman shaken by this senseless violence," he said, wishing a quick recovery to the wounded.
Kenyatta added that he had met with the national security council earlier in the day and was assured that anyone involved in planning, financing and executing the act would be brought to justice.
Al-Shabaab militant group, which pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda in 2012, claimed responsibility for the attack through its Radio Andalus.
In 2013, Kenya experienced one of its worst terror attacks when al-Shabaab militants stormed Westgate Mall and killed at least 67 people.