PANAMA CITY.- According to the publication on the Twitter's account of the spokesman of Ricardo Martinelli, Luis Eduardo Camacho, a statement has been published for the public opinion on the part of the former president Martinelli´s sons, Ricardo Alberto Martinelli Linares and Luis Enrique Martinelli Linares, getting free of the accusations published by La Prensa diary on the basis of the Odebrecht case.
Aclaración de Ricardo Alberto Martinelli Linares y Luis Enrique Martinelli Linares: pic.twitter.com/dgdsIZd3Rf— Luis Eduardo Camacho (@camachocastro) January 23, 2017
Martinelli on his Twitter's account has published the communiqué expressing "this explanation is done by the lies, political pursuit, suppositions and falsehoods published by some party-liners "
Se hace esta aclaración por los infundios, persecución política, suposiciones y falsedades que publican algunos medios oficialistas https://t.co/5PujlrR2zW— Ricardo Martinelli (@rmartinelli) January 24, 2017
In his communiqué, the sons of the Panamanian ex-president assured that they endorse the investigations that has announced the Attorney General's office (MP) of Panama and hope that authorities "act in reason of the search of the truth, removed from any motivation to this intention".
In addition, they say that they reserve the right to take before the juridical instances, the persons in charge of exposing them in the media as the corrupt relatives that the American Government did not identify.
The Brazilian construction supposedly applied the practice of the bribes in more than 100 projects in 12 countries of Latin America and Africa where it paid approximately 788 millions of dollars.
Read the statement:
The undersigned, we clarify:
1. For more than a decade, our extensive professional activity has always been private, with investments in a wide range of commercial activities, both locally and internationally.
2. Regard the information published today in the newspaper La Prensa, which the Public Ministry has been in possession since March 2016, we like make public that we are taking care through our lawyers all the requests required by the Swiss authorities, In order to clarify the information requested.
3. We are sure that our answers will result in the timely clarification of any fact noted.
4. As we respect the legal proceedings and reservations of the summary in other jurisdictions, we will act in the same way in the Republic of Panama. Therefore, we will not make any pronouncements about journalistic leaks or the political intentions behind them.
5. Despite this new media attack, we reiterate our support for the investigations carried out by the Public Ministry. We hope, like all Panamanians, that such investigations are carried out in a comprehensive manner and only motivated by the search for truth, and therefore away from any kind of interest outside the facts.
Ricardo Alberto Martinelli Linares
Luis Enrique Martinelli Linares