Panama ranks as the country of Latin America’s tallest skyscrapers by having 12 of the 15 tallest buildings in the region, all exceeding 200 meters.
The Grand Santiago Tower in Chile is so far the highest skyscraper in Latin America surpassing the 300 meters height and was built in seven years (from 2006 to 2013). It has a shopping center, two hotels and two office towers. However, Panama City is currently the only city that has most of the tallest skyscrapers in the region.
The highest skyscrapers in Panama in order by height are:
1. Panama - The Bahia Grand Panama: it is the second highest skyscraper in Latin America and the first in the country with 284 meters height and 70 floors. Known until March 2018 as the Trump Ocean Club International Hotel and Tower, it was built facing the beach with views of the Pacific Ocean and the Bay of Panama, in the district of Panama in the area of Punta Pacifica. The hotel opened in July 2011 and cost US $ 430 million. It was the first project of the Trump Organization in Latin America.
2. Panama - The Vitri Tower: The Vitri Tower is a residential skyscraper of 281 meters high, located at the end of Avenida Paseo del Mar, in Costa del Este, Panama. Its construction started in 2007 and reached its maximum height at the end of 2010, being completed at the beginning of 2012. It is currently the tallest building in Costa del Este, and the second highest building in Panama.
3. Panama - StarBay: is a commercial tower located in the heart of the financial district of Panama City, with 68 floors and 267 meters high.
4. Panama - The Point: it is a residential skyscraper of 67 floors and 266 meters located at the end of Punta Paitilla; in front of the bay of Panama. This building was completed and inaugurated in early 2011.
5. Panama - Yoo Panama & Arts Tower: it is a tower designed by renowned Philippe Starck. It has 80 floors and 264 meters, located in front of the coastal strip.
6. Panama - Ocean Two: is a 246-meter high, 73-storey skyscraper located in the growing sector of Costa del Este, Panama. Its construction began in 2006 and was completed at the end of 2010.
7. Panama - Pearl Tower: also located in Costa del Este and has 242.2 meters height and 70 floors.
8. Panama - F & F Tower: Revolution Tower is a 52-story, 233-meter-high office building to the top of the architectural obelisk. It consists of 4 levels of parking basements, 2 lower floors that are commercial premises and project lobby, 8 upper parking floors and offices. Its main feature is the thirty-two floors rotating on the central axis of the tower.
9. Panama - Rivage Tower: It has 68 floors and 233 meters high. Rivage Tower is one of the most emblematic residential towers of Balboa Avenue.
10. Panama - Waters on the Bay: is a residential skyscraper of 74 floors and 232 meters high, located on Balboa Avenue in Panama City, overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
11. Panama - Megapolis: This spectacular sixty-six floor tower located at the heart of Panama City, is 230 meters high.
12. Panama - Q Tower: is a residential skyscraper of 65 floors and 226 meters located in the popular neighborhood of Punta Pacífica. This building was completed in 2012.